February 26, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!

I've decided that I have a lot of interests, and a lot of things to say. I'm not good at keeping a journal or "diary", but I really like having a collection of thoughts. Facebook is fine I suppose, although I find it's hard to really post much, you have to be so careful. Whether it be the Grammar Nazi's, or the incredibly opinionated friends, the "rules of facebook" are getting tighter and tighter. It almost seems like any time you post anything, you have people breathing down your neck about your spelling, fact checking, telling you your thoughts are wrong or any other annoying thing you can come up with. Either that or they completely ignore your posts all together. So people may ignore these blog posts, but at least I'm not shoving it in my friends faces on facebook. You have a choice to come here and read about what's on my mind. I didn't bombard you with it, so don't get upset.

That being said, I would really hope there's nothing for you to get upset about. I may share funny articles, pictures ect. I started this in hopes of being able to "review" things that interest me, more for my own memory and sanity then anything else. You see, I have a love/hate relationship with my memory. I am extremely good at remembering faces, names, dates, random unnecessary facts... but I have a huge problem with remembering if I said something I meant to say to someone else or not. I will think of something I need to tell my boyfriend, or a friend, time will pass and 5, 10 even 20 minutes later I will either tell them again, or ask them if I already did. Sean, the boyfriend, always gets mad at me because I will tell him something, and then tell him again 10 minutes later. So although I have a great memory with SOME things, I have a terrible memory with other things. This will be the place I come to talk about random things. When I look back on it, I will remember, oh ya, I really liked that coffee, I should buy some more. I did like that book, but what was it about again? I also have a terrible memory with stories. If something is REALLY great in my mind, I will remember all of the important details and most of the small ones. If I did enjoy the story but it wasn't the best thing ever, I will remember the most important plot points and nothing else. This is especially bad with movies and books. Which is terrible because I work in a book store. My job requires me to sell books to customers. In order to do that, I not only have to read the books, but I have to be able to recount the basics to a customer, when they ask, and they always do. I can't just tell people, "I really liked it, but I don't really remember what happens", which is actually what I do a lot of the time. The same thing happens when I tell friends to watch a movie, "I don't really remember what happens, but I really liked it, I remember that much, it had something to do with a bank robbery... just watch it!" So hopefully this blog will help me remember some of these things, provided I actually blog them first. Here's hoping!

So I'd like to put a category on what type of blog this will be, but at this point I doubt I'll be able to do that. Sometimes I might talk about great books, or movies, sometimes I might upload pictures of my nails, and I know no one cares, but I do. Sometimes I may post adorable pictures of kittens and puppies and sometimes I may get serious and political. I'll say right now that I will always welcome different opinions and views, but I will not tolerate being told I'm wrong. I usually don't like to get too opinionated in the open and share political views, but I also believe some things can't be kept inside, we need to share ideas and views with one another. If not to better understand every side, but also to remain respectful. If you get too caught up in your own opinions sometimes, and keep telling yourself you're right, or justified, it becomes very easy to lose respect for the other side, and that also, should not be tolerated.

So hey, let's see where this goes, if I'm the only person that ever reads this, that is fine with me, at least I'll have a chronological archive of my own thoughts to remain on the internet forever!

M*